MDA projects focus on the exploration, sustainable development and management of the Earth's resources, and the monitoring of the environment. MDA is a world leader in the utilization of remote sensing data from aircraft and satellites, and is the largest commercial provider of enhanced satellite imagery.
- Land Use/Land Cover
- MDA offers the world's first off-the-shelf medium resolution land cover database: EarthSat GeoCover LC. MDA provides land cover mapping of the Alaska National Parks and perennial cover inventories to Ducks Unlimited.
- Change Detection
- MDA identifies wetland changes in raster imagery with Cross-Correlation Analysis (CCA). MDA also uses the CCA technique to update the EarthSat GeoCover LC global land cover product.
- Agricultural Analysis
- EarthSat GeoTools is a suite of tools that utilizes sampling methodology to facilitate performing agricultural assessments with the primary inputs being multiple resolutions of imagery.
- Disaster Response
- MDA uses remote sensing to assess hurricane damage, track volcano mudslides and map flood risk. Case studies include Hurricane Mitch and the Casita Volcano in Nicaragua.
- Petroleum, Water & Mineral Exploration
- EarthSat Geology, now MDA, pioneered the use of remote sensing for geologic exploration in 1969. Since then MDA has completed hundreds of geologic projects for clients in the energy, engineering, water exploration, mining, and environmental fields. The focus is a common-sense approach and cutting edge technology to meet our clients' individualized needs.