GeoCover-LCUp one level
Landsat imagery land cover classification
- EarthSat GeoCover LC Overview
- The first consistently prepared, moderate-resolution land cover (LC) database. Derived from spectral analysis of consistently orthorectified Landsat Thematic Mapper (TM) imagery, GeoCover LC features a standard 13-class land cover legend designed to provide a basic understanding of the landscape.
- GeoCover LC Legend
- A standard 13-class land cover legend designed to provide a basic understanding of the landscape
- GeoCover LC Data Products
- GeoCover LC data is prepared from Landsat TM imagery created for GeoCover Ortho. These scenes were acquired within three years of peak of greenness in 1990 or 2000. MDA's analysts use ERDAS IMAGINE geographic imaging software to classify each scene independently.
- CCA Update Data Products
- Using CCA for land cover updating provides a more cost- and time-efficient alternative to complete re-classification. CCA allows first the finding of the areas of change, and then the interpretation and updating of just those areas of change so that no areas are being re-interpreted unnecessarily.
- Production Status
- GeoCover-LC (Land Cover) data production began in August of 1998 and is ongoing. The most recent status for 1990 and 2000 year data can be viewed below.